The Whatsapp group belongs to everyone!
If you’re looking for a training buddy or have a query or want to share some info, feel free to use it.
It can be a great starting point. However, there are over 100 people listening so keep it to the point!
Then if your chat is going into a long thread, you can move off this rather large group chat and finish discussion elsewhere.
So if you see a query unanswered, it’s usually because the person was contacted privately, not that no-one responded!
Here are some simple tips to follow:
- Always keep to the purpose of the group! Don’t share irrelevant messages about other topics.
- Don’t be offended if others leave. Not everyone wants the same information.
- Do politely excuse yourself before you leave a group.
- Do not have one-on-one conversations in the group. Switch to private messages.
- If a message asks for a positive response like an RSVP, don’t reply in the negative. Only say if you are able to attend.
- If someone asks a question and you don’t know the answer don’t respond with “I don’t know”. Just wait for someone who knows the answer to reply
- Do not discuss weight, size shape of anyone, bikes are ok though, remember what you find funny may scare other people off.
- Banter is not an issue as long as it is Club/Event relevant without being insulting, but keep it short, if necessary move it to another group.